The Kia Factory Plate is a metal plate that is attached to every new KIA vehicle during the manufacturing process. It contains important information about the vehicle, such as the model, year, and production location. The plate also includes a unique Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), which is used to track the vehicle’s history, ownership, and maintenance.
KIA Factory Plate Location
The Kia Factory Plate can be found in a few different locations on the vehicle, depending on the model and year. Here are some common places to look for the Factory Plate on a Kia vehicle:
- Driver’s side door jamb: Open the driver’s side door and look at the door jamb (the area where the door latches when it’s closed). The Factory Plate is often attached to the side of the door jamb, and can be easily visible when you look inside the door frame.
- Engine bay: On some Kia models, the KIA Factory Plate may be located in the engine bay. Look for a metal plate attached to the firewall or the strut tower on the driver’s side of the engine bay.
- Glove box: In some Kia models, the Factory Plate may be located inside the glove box. Check the owner’s manual or consult with a Kia dealer to confirm whether the plate is located in the glove box for your specific model.
- Rear wheel well: On some Kia models, the Factory Plate may be located inside the rear wheel well. Look for a metal plate attached to the inside of the wheel well on the driver’s side.
Composition and appearance of the KIA Factory plates
The appearance and layout of the Factory Plate can vary depending on the year and model of the Kia vehicle. However, all Factory Plates contain the same basic information, including the following:
- Manufacturer: This section of the plate identifies Kia as the manufacturer of the vehicle.
- Model and body type: This section of the plate provides information about the specific model and body type of the vehicle.
- Engine type: This section of the plate identifies the type of engine installed in the vehicle.
- Transmission type: This section of the plate identifies the type of transmission installed in the vehicle.
- Production date: This section of the plate indicates the date the vehicle was manufactured.
- Production location: This section of the plate identifies the location where the vehicle was manufactured.
- KIA VIN Number : This section of the plate contains the unique 17-digit VIN assigned to the vehicle, which can be used to access the vehicle’s history and other important information.
They have black type plate stickers. Some sticker plates were made with an inbuilt ‘break-off grain’ (see image), which should make it impossible to remove a plate without destroying it.
If a type plate is removed or damaged in an accident or similar event, a replacement metal plate from the manufacturer is riveted on. Meanwhile, the manufacturer delivers replacement VIN plates (as specified beforehand). However, it has to be proved by sufficient documentation and pictures why the plate was destroyed.
How to Get a Kia Factory Plate?
The Kia Factory Plate is a component that is affixed to every new Kia vehicle during the manufacturing process. If you have purchased a new Kia vehicle, the Factory Plate should already be attached to the vehicle. However, if you need a replacement Factory Plate or are looking for a Factory Plate for a used Kia vehicle, there are a few options available:
- Contact a Kia dealer: The easiest way to obtain a replacement Factory Plate is to contact your local Kia dealer. They will be able to order a new Factory Plate for you, or direct you to a supplier that can provide a replacement plate.
- Order from a third-party supplier: There are several third-party suppliers that specialize in manufacturing and selling replacement Factory Plates for Kia vehicles. You can find these suppliers online or through automotive parts retailers.
- Contact Kia customer service: If you have questions about obtaining a replacement Factory Plate or need assistance locating a supplier, you can contact Kia customer service. They can provide you with information about the Factory Plate and direct you to a supplier that can provide a replacement plate.
Why is the KIA Factory Plate important?
The Kia Factory Plate serves as proof of authenticity and quality for Kia vehicles. It assures buyers that the vehicle they are purchasing is a genuine Kia model and has undergone rigorous quality control measures during the manufacturing process. Additionally, the VIN on the plate allows buyers to access the vehicle’s history, including any previous accidents, repairs, or maintenance.
The Factory Plate ensures that Kia vehicles meet the highest standards of quality during the manufacturing process. Kia has a reputation for producing vehicles that are not only stylish but also reliable and safe. The Factory Plate is just one of the many ways that Kia demonstrates its commitment to quality.